ASSITER PUNKIN' RANCH
1. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, apple, sugar and pumpkin spice in medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
4. Pour into container, cover and chill.
Apple Butter can be stored in refrigerator for two (2) months.
Presented by Union Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast
In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apples. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Combine streusel ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
Yield: 2 dozen (or 6 "Texas Sized" )
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. In a 9-inch spring form pan, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
Press mixture evenly along bottom and sides of pan.
3. Bake 8 minutes and cool.
4. In a large bowl whip cream cheese until smooth. Stir in brown sugar; blend until mixed thoroughly.
5. Add pumpkin and egg yolks, blending after each until smooth.
6. Add the egg whites, and blend.
7. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, Amaretto and whipping cream, stir to blend
8. Pour into crust and set pan in larger pan and fill with 1/2 inch of water. Bake 1 hr
Chill 6 to 8 hours. Better if left in refrigerator overnight. Top with whip cream to serve.
1. Butter or grease one 8x8 inch pan.
2. In a 3 quart saucepan, mix together sugar, milk, corn syrup, pumpkin and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling.
3. Do Not Stir. When mixture registers 232 degrees F (110 degrees C) on candy thermometer, or forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water, remove pan from heat. Stir in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, butter and nuts.
4. Cool to lukewarm (110 degrees F or 43 degrees C on thermometer)
5. Beat mixture until it is very thick and loses some of its gloss. Quickly pour into greased pan.
6. When firm cut into 36 squares
Sweet Cream Base:
1. Whisk eggs in mixing bowl
2. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time until completely blended.
3. Whisk in cream
4. Whisk in milk
Ingredients for Ice Cream
1. Pour 1/2 of sweet cream base into a second bowl.
2. Mix in the pumpkin thoroughly.
3. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Add remaining sweet cream base.
5. Place mixture into ice cream freezer and follow instructions for the freezer.
Cream Cheese Filling:
1. Preheat Oven to 375.
2. Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan, line with waxed paper, grease and flour paper.
3. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl until thick and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in sifted ingredients.
4. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, until center springs back when lightly touched with fingertip.
6. Peel off wax paper and trim 1/4 inch from all edges. Roll up cake and towel together from short side;
place seam side down on wire rack to cool completely.
7. Unroll cake. Spread with cream cheese filling. Re-roll cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. Preheat oven to 250
2. Pick through seed and remove any broken seeds and as much of the strings as possible.
3. Bring water and salt to a boil. Add seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain, spread on towel and pat dry.
4. Place the seeds in a bowl and toss with oil or melted butter.
5. Spread evenly on cookie sheet.
6. Place in oven and roast seeds for 30 to 40 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes until crisp and brown.
7. Cool seeds, store in zip lock bags or air tight containers.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.
For More Information 806-983-3322 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send mail to
with questions or comments about this web site.